Everyone is welcome to race at the LTA - 1600hp race cars and 50cc motorcycles alike. Since a lot of our fans want to learn how to race, here are a few of the basics:
THE RULEBOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE IN SECTIONS AT THE RIGHT!!!
SPEED COSTS MONEY…..HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
< 135 135-150 150-175 175-200 200+
CAGE - 4-Point 6-Point Full Full
FIRE - - 1 - 5 lb. 2 - 5 lb. 2 - 5 lb.
CHUTE - - - 1 2
BELTS 3-Point SFI 16.1 SFI 16.1 SFI 16.1 SFI 16.1
HANS - - - - Y
NET - Y or arms Y or arms Y Y
ARMS - Yor net Y or net Y Y
SUIT Unblown SFI / 1 SFI / 5 SFI / 5 SFI / 15
SUIT Blown SFI / 15 SFI / 15 SFI / 15 SFI / 20
SEAT Street Street Race Race Race
(Convertibles run up one level of safety)
THIS IS MERELY A REFERENCE TO HELP DETERMINE WHICH CLASS YOU MAY WISH TO RUN IN . IT IS IN NO WAY MEANT TO BE COMPREHENSIVE. ALL COMPETITORS MUST THOROUGHLY READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RULES FOR THEIR CLASS.
135 CLASS (Street Car)
Designed to allow anyone to experience the thrill of Land Speed Racinig.Street.
1) This class does not run for records. If you wish to run for records, you will need to register as a
2) Speed Limit is a strict 135 mph.
3) The number of runs is limited to 5. In the event that traffic is light (late in the day, or on the short
course) we do allow more runs to be made.
4) Bring the following: Valid drivers license, Approved Helmet, Non-synthetic clothes that cover to
the wrists and ankles. Textile or leather footwear (no cowboy boots).
5) Convertibles - Unless it has a roll bar, convertibles are prohibited, sorry.
6) Tires - Must be speed rated for 135mph. They must also be safe.
7) Over 135mph - You must have a roll cage to get out of street class.
There are many other requirements, but that is the big one.
1) Street Class - There is none. Everyone complies to the same rules.
2) Helmets - Must have a Snell decal of 2005 or newer (located inside the liner).
3) Tires - Must be speed rated for the record of your class.
4) Fuel Lines - Must be heat shielded - see rule book.
5) Axles - Must be safety wired - see rule book.
6) Chain Guard - must be metal.
7) Full leather suit, boots and gloves. Back protector required if over 175 mph
8) Safety wire axle nuts
9) Steerng damper required over 125 mph
These rules are provided to clarify some basic questions that many people new to racing have. They are not intended to be comprehensive. Please get a rule book!
NOW YOU HAVE DECIDED TO RACE
1) Before you get your vehicle all ready to race, Please STOP!
2) Download the Rule Book and gain a thorough understanding of the mechanical
setup and safety equipment required for your vehicle class to ensure your safety.
3) Now buy, build, or borrow a vehicle and set it up for LSR racing.
4) Pre-Register for the event. (this gets you a discount and gives us a chance to make
the event better for everyone by knowing how many vendors, potties, and volunteers
to line up.
5) Get your duff and your crew to Loring AFB, Maine. (it really is worth the trip.)
6) Get yourself situated in the pits. (SPEED LIMIT IS 10mph, period!)
7) Go to registration and pick up all of your paperwork.
8) Go to tech. inspection with your vehicle, safety gear, and paperwork. If you have
deficiencies, correct them and return to tech.
10) Collect all of your 200 club hats, pack up, and head home safely.
11) Please remember that we are guests at Loring and your conduct reflects on every
person at the event. Have fun, be polite, and clean up after yourself.
12) Repeat again next year.